Sunday, April 15, 2007

Travelog: Munich

In April 2007, I took a trip to Munich, Germany to see the sights and visit my brother; it was the last stop for his Baroque orchestra on their European tour. He stayed a few extra days with me after his concert and we had a lot of fun being tourists with no schedule.

While I was traveling, I kept a scribbled shorthand journal on a hotel notebook; when I got back home, I thought it would be nice to turn my journal and photos into some web pages to help me remember all the cool things we did.

As usually happens with my "little projects," this one soon took on a life of its own and I've spent the last few days glued to the computer, adding little bits here and there until I finally have to just let it go and be done with it. I hope that you will enjoy reading about some of my adventures, and I really hope that you are inspired to take a trip of your own, whether it be to Munich or Tokyo or Houston or wherever you find interesting.


Links to my travelog:


Enjoy the journey!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the travels that you shared. I liked the interactivity that you incorporated into the site. I especially enjoyed the map of your travels from the hotel to the pet store that conveyed so much more clearly than a verbal description how far you went out of your way to find Ivy's treats!

Hana said...

Oh yes, the interactivity is excellent! What a brilliant idea!

You sure covered a lot of ground being there for only 5 days. We were there for about 10 days and didn't even see some of the sites you saw. Great stories! Funny how the Glockenspiel took the day off and love how you whipped out a photo of Ivy (and not Lindsay) when you asked the street vendor if he could paint a picture of Ivy!

Your travel stories brings back good memories of when I went to Munich! Thanks for posting your stories.

~Hana's Mom

Anonymous said...

Randy,

This was wonderful! I loved every bit of it and thoroughly enjoyed your creativity in producing the pages.

I would love the opportunity to talk to you about how to chronicle some of our trips...past and future.

Chris

Ivy said...

silly randy! thanks for getting me cookies!

Blaine said...

WOW!! What a trip. Thank you so much for sharing. I think we should take you on our next trip since you record the trip so well. Geocaching? glad you found the light...from Secrtsqrl. You and the beer both looked great. Take care my friend.
Blaine

Bruce the Bird Dog said...

Hee, hee, my claire found your bloggy most intriguing, I liked the map where you tried to find the dog and cat shop. Looks like you had a good time! Fabulous beer pics by the way, my josh is slobbering on me...

Freda said...

Vielen Dank, Randys.

Your travelogue is soo cooools! Have to bark... Move overs Rick Steves!!

Amazin' who you might see anywheres, i. e., Joel's friend. Neatos.

Glad you took your GPSr and did some geocatchin'.

Ivy ('your hairy baby') would have reeeallys jumped for joys if her 'portrait' could have been painted. But guess the treats made ups for it.

I thought I was playin' Pac-Mans, followin' your quest for the cooools pet shop.

A reeeallys cooools adventure. Thought I had been there myselfs.

Wuufs!

Freda Ƨ

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory

rudraksha said...

you have post good useful info for reference.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.